How to Adopt
Thank you for your interest in adopting a pet from MCHS!
Please review the following new adoption procedures.
All adoptions will be arranged remotely as follows:
- View animals available for adoption on our site.
- Complete an online adoption application for a specific animal. All applications must be for a specific pet. “Pending” next to an animal’s name means an adoption application is in process, but applications do fall through, so we encourage you to file an application on any animal you are interested in adopting, regardless of status.
- You will be contacted to schedule a visit.
- All visits with animals will be by appointment only. No walk-ins.
- All visitors must wear masks that cover nose and mouth. We will provide disposable gloves to be worn while visiting with animals.
- Rest rooms will not be open to the public until further notice.
These procedures will help ensure your safety and that of our staff. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
What’s included in the adoption?
All animals available for adoption through MCHS come with the following:
- Tests for heartworm (dogs) and FeLV/FIV (cats)
- Basic vaccines, if applicable
- Preventive flea treatment
- Microchip and chip registration
What’s the cost to adopt?
Adoption fees cover expenses for rescuing, transporting, caring for and socializing the pet while it is in our care, as well as supplies such as vaccines, preventive treatments, tests, food, bedding, litter, and other supplies associated with caring for our animals. When you support our work, we can in turn help many more animals find safety, loving care and new homes.
- Adult dog (over 10 months old): $350
- Puppies (age 10 months and under): $450
- Some pure breeds may have different fees
- Cat of any age: $150
Adoption fees are subject to change without notice.