How to Adopt
Thank you for your interest in adopting a pet from MCHS!
Please review the following new adoption procedures.
All adoptions will be arranged remotely as follows:
- View animals available for adoption on our site.
- Complete an online adoption application for a specific animal. All applications must be for a specific pet.
- You will be contacted to schedule a visit.
- All visits with animals will be by appointment only. No walk-ins.
- All visitors must wear masks that cover nose and mouth. We will provide disposable gloves to be worn while visiting with animals.
- Rest rooms will not be open to the public until further notice.
These procedures will help ensure your safety and that of our staff. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
What’s included in the adoption?
All animals available for adoption through MCHS come with the following:
- Tests for heartworm (dogs) and FeLV/FIV (cats)
- Basic vaccines, if applicable
- Preventive flea treatment
- Microchip and chip registration
What’s the cost to adopt?
Adoption fees cover expenses for rescuing, transporting, caring for and socializing the pet while it is in our care, as well as supplies such as vaccines, preventive treatments, tests, food, bedding, litter, and other supplies associated with caring for our animals. When you support our work, we can in turn help many more animals find safety, loving care and new homes.
- Adult dog (over 6 months old): $250
- Puppies (age 6 months and under): $350
- Senior dog (7 years and older): $200
- Some pure breeds may have different fees
- Single cat: $90
- Pair of adult cats (over 1 year): $150
- Senior cat (over age 7): $80