Wagging Tails can’t accept these items
Due to large inventories, limited staffing and/or Covid-19 protocols,
We CANNOT currently accept the following:
- Carpet cleaners/steamers
- Cassettes & VHS tapes
- Exotic pet items
- Home-made items
- Large/upholstered furniture
- Personal computers (Macs OK)
- Vacuum cleaners
We CAN graciously accept all unopened, unexpired and NON-Rx cat and dog food and freshly laundered towels, and flat sheets at our rescue building, located at 601 S. Stonestreet Ave. in Rockville.
Because of the government regulations (CPSIA — Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act – 2008), we also CAN NEVER ACCEPT the following:
- Children’s clothing with sequins
- Children’s books published before 1986
- Children’s toys with small pieces a child could choke on
- Children’s furniture containing lead paint
- Recalled toys and other items
Please be mindful that donated items we cannot sell must be disposed of at our time and cost, which takes precious resources away from animals in need.
We do not take leftovers from community and church yard sales.
Questions? Please call (301) 279-0345 ~ Thank you again for your donations.