MCHS is seeking an experienced, detailed-oriented, thorough and organized Accountant. This position is responsible for the financial oversight of the organization and smooth functioning of all finance functions, tax reporting, audits, monthly financials, management of the general ledger, and oversight of employee benefits programs.
The successful candidate will work closely with the President & CEO of the organization and it is highly desirable that he/she has experience working with Non-Profits and Quick Books.
- Banking and Payroll
Oversee general ledger accounting for the organization.
Manage and prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements for all accounts
Deposit daily receipts and contributions
Oversee cash receipts and reports from the thrift store operations
Review all invoices for MCHS and submit for approval
Print checks and handle disbursements for MCHS
Oversee, input and submit bi-weekly payroll with ADP.
Monitor and report on cash flow monthly, adjust bank accounts as needed
Prepare monthly financial statements for the CEO and Finance Committee
Address questions and prepare summaries for the Board of Directors
File tax documents
Complete and file all appropriate government forms including Department of Labor, OSHA and worker’s compensation.
Track restricted gifts and related fund disbursements.
- Serves as financial coordinator for all fundraising campaigns.
- Health Insurance (Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacation time and sick leave.
Veterinary technician – anesthesia/surgery
The Montgomery County Humane Society’s low-cost clinic seeks a veterinary technician with experience in anesthesia and surgery for our spay/neuter surgery clinic. We are a one-doctor veterinary clinic that operates Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 30 hours a week. Our main duties pertain to public spay/neuter surgeries, with occasional rescue animals. We are a close-knit team that aims to provide care to our community at affordable rates. Additionally, our team evaluates our own animals in the rescue. We have minimal in-house laboratory diagnostics and use Idexx as our reference lab. We use PetPoint shelter software. Come join our small but mighty team!
- Proficient in animal restraint, both canine and feline
- Calculating medication dosages
- Administering medications (both injectable and oral)
- Proficient in venipuncture
- Proficient at placing peripheral IV catheters
- Proficient in anesthesia – including induction, intubation, anesthetic maintenance, and monitoring
- Ability to perform animal CPR
- Proficient in rescue efforts in the event of cardiac/respiratory arrest
- Ability to express anal glands and trim nails
- Excellent client communication skills: check-in questions, discharge, and discussing intraoperative concerns or updates
- Excellent interpersonal skills among colleagues and a strong team work attitude
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Fear-free Certified preferred
- 2 years anesthesia/surgery veterinary technician experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Job type: Full-time – 30 hours
Pay: $18.00 – $21.00 per hour
- health insurance
- life insurance
- vacation time
- sick leave
- paid holiday leave
Thrift store receiving / clerk
Large, busy thrift store in Rockville, MD seeks hardworking, flexible individual to work as a store and receiving clerk. Will consider part-time or full time, depending on specific experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to: donation day set-up and tear-down, receiving of donations from the public; sorting incoming inventory and delivering it to the appropriate area for processing; cleaning and pricing inventory as assigned; stocking shelves and creating pleasing displays; regularly straightening inventory and cleaning the store; assisting customers and the cashier; and helping maintain Covide-19 safety protocols. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. is a requirement of the position. Experience in a thrift or second-hand retail environment highly desired. Experience with online sales platforms also helpful.
The successful candidate will be a flexible, positive, energetic and proactive team player, as well as a fast learner who is capable of working independently. Availability to work on weekends is a must.
The store operator, the Montgomery County Humane Society, offers benefits for full-time employees that include medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and some paid holidays. MCHS follows strict Covid-19 retail protocols at all times, including mandatory masks, distancing and sanitation.