The Montgomery County (MD) Humane Society is accepting resumes for PART-TIME and/or FULL-TIME veterinarian for its SPAY/NEUTER CLINIC.
This is an opportunity to play an important role in running and ultimately growing our unique local clinic, where we offer affordable spay/neuter surgery and basic preventive care for pet owners in Montgomery County. The MCHS Clinic is the first and only clinic of its kind in Montgomery County, and we are eager to expand to our fullest potential.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to quality care and compassion for pets and their owners, and possess experience in medium to high volume, high quality spay/neuter surgical skills, a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a desire to help further build the clinic’s benefit to the community. The candidate will oversee a small team of technicians and office personnel, and will play a key role in building the clinic to its fullest potential. The successful candidate will also be responsible for all medical care of our small population of rescue animals. At this time, the staff veterinarian must be comfortable working independently, however as our clinic grows, we plan to add additional veterinarians to our team.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- License in good standing with the Maryland State veterinary board
- Experience in medium volume spay/neuter for cats and dogs highly preferred; HVHQS/N experience is idea.
- Experience with animal shelter medicine highly preferred
- Experience and knowledge of ‘Responsible Veterinarian’ duties is highly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Veterinary liability insurance required
MCHS offers a competitive salary, as well as benefits for full-time employees that include health insurance, life insurance, paid annual leave and sick time, and free parking.
Please provide a cover letter describing your interest in this type of position and a current resume to email@example.com
Veterinary technician – anesthesia/surgery
The Montgomery County Humane Society’s low-cost clinic seeks a veterinary technician with experience in anesthesia and surgery for our spay/neuter surgery clinic. We are a one-doctor veterinary clinic that operates Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 30 hours a week. Our main duties pertain to public spay/neuter surgeries, with occasional rescue animals. We are a close-knit team that aims to provide care to our community at affordable rates. Additionally, our team evaluates our own animals in the rescue. We have minimal in-house laboratory diagnostics and use Idexx as our reference lab. We use PetPoint shelter software. Come join our small but mighty team!
- Proficient in animal restraint, both canine and feline
- Calculating medication dosages
- Administering medications (both injectable and oral)
- Proficient in venipuncture
- Proficient at placing peripheral IV catheters
- Proficient in anesthesia – including induction, intubation, anesthetic maintenance, and monitoring
- Ability to perform animal CPR
- Proficient in rescue efforts in the event of cardiac/respiratory arrest
- Ability to express anal glands and trim nails
- Excellent client communication skills: check-in questions, discharge, and discussing intraoperative concerns or updates
- Excellent interpersonal skills among colleagues and a strong team work attitude
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Fear-free Certified preferred
- 2 years anesthesia/surgery veterinary technician experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Job type: Full-time – 30 hours
Pay: $18.00 – $21.00 per hour
- health insurance
- life insurance
- vacation time
- sick leave
- paid holiday leave
MCHS is looking for a hard-working individual who is familiar with animal handling, computers and customer service skills to help patrons on the phone and in person. Duties include providing information, processing adoptions, answering phones and conducting animal visits, as well as cleaning, and animal care for dogs and cats.
Individual must have experience with handling animals, especially cats and dogs. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, at least two years of experience in animal welfare, be authorized to work in the US, and be willing to undergo background check. Spanish language is a plus but not required.
MCHS offers full-time benefits including medical/dental insurance, life insurance, paid leave, holidays and sick leave. Please reply with a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to MCHS, 601 S. Stonestreet Ave., Rockville, MD 20850 or email to: human resources.
Job Type: Full time