|Community and youth programs
MCHS programs are informational and fun. They foster readiness to care for a pet at home, humane interactions with wildlife, and the special bond between humans and animals. We aim to help members of the community reduce animal abuse and homelessness through understanding and responsible pet care. We focus on:
• How a pet joins your family and you gain responsibility for a particular animal;
• Managing the pet population to prevent homelessness;
• Committing to care for your pet over its entire lifetime;
• Respect for wildlife, and how, when, and whether to help.
Compassion and empathy toward all living beings are values we seek to instill, rather than taking them for granted. We prepare people of all ages and backgrounds for responsible relationships with the animals in their lives, whether at home or in nature.
Please contact us to arrange a program custom-designed for your interests.
• Programs to promote corporate social responsibility and employee relations
• Workplace giving exhibits and presentations
• Community Speaker’s Bureau
• Classroom visits aligned with Maryland Standards of Learning
• Career Days and after-school programs
• Scout badges
• Youth and teen animal clubs
• Community service / Service learning / Service projects
Please schedule your program by completing and returning our request form at least 8 weeks in advance.
For questions, please contact email@example.com or phone (240) 731-0886
back to the top