Programs for adults
One of our key goals is to eliminate animal abuse and homelessness by teaching readiness for and care of pets at home, humane interactions with wildlife and other animals, and the special bond between humans and animals.
Adult programs are designed to help participants better understand pet behavior, pet care requirements and local animal laws and ordinances, so they can keep their pets healthy, safe and out of shelters.
Adult programs might include:
- Basics for new dog adopters
- Understanding pet behaviors (specific to species)
- Promoting social responsibility among corporations and their employees
- Animal ordinances and laws that affect you and your pet
- MCHS attendance at community programs (tabled presentations or speaking opportunities)