Paws in the Park is MCHS’ annual 1K, 3K, 5K dog walk benefitting homeless animals. More than 600 people and their four-legged furry companions are expected this year, making it one of the Washington, DC area’s largest dog walks! Kicking off the walk is news anchor Jackie Bensen from NBC4 with her German Shorthair Pointer, Opera.
Paws in the Park is fun for the entire family, featuring pet games, demos, off-leash dog park, a “flealess” market for pet-friendly vendors, food, music, contests, raffles, prizes, rescue zone and more! Check out the Pawparazzi photos from last year. Great prizes are awarded to the top online fundraisers.
Helping animals is a walk in the park. Your pledges will:
-- Raise much-needed funds for homeless, abandoned and abused animals
-- Make a difference in the lives of the dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, reptiles, birds and all the other animals in our care
-- Support life-saving programs and services such as animal medical care, humane education, reduced cost spay/neuter, animal behavior assistance and more
If you are interested in volunteering at Paws in the Park, contact David Poole, Volunteer Coordinator at 240.773.5969 or email@example.com.
See you there!
Start or join a team!
Walk as an individual or form a team. To register and start fundraising online, click here.
You can also download an individual registration form and register the day of the walk.
Use either your personal fundraising page, pledge sheet or both!
Ask your friends, family, neighbors and coworkers to sponsor you and your pet. Ask if your employer or your friends’ employers have a matching gift program -- these can double your pledges and get you that much closer to one of our top prizes!
• Rain date: Sunday, June 13
• You may register on-site the day of the event starting at 12 pm.
• All dogs must have a current rabies vaccination and be licensed.
• All walkers are welcome, with or without a dog.
• For safety reasons, well-behaved dogs only -- no other pets may walk
• All walkers must read the waiver at check-in.
• Female dogs in season may not participate.
• Dogs must be leashed (6' maximum leash length) and kept under control at all times. No retractable leashes, please.
• Any unruly or aggressive dogs will be asked to leave.
• Participants are expected to practice responsible pet ownership at all times during the event